Saturday, September 25, 2010

An Opportunity: Hannah and Daddy Day 4

Four days and I haven't come to meltdown! In fact I've been holding up great. In fact I wouldn't even say "holding up" - things are great and I have nothing to complain about. I heard it said that while you can't control circumstances, one thing you can choose is attitude. It's amazing what a decision for a new perspective can do, in my case a decision to stop the self-pity and to find the opportunity. So Lord, thanks for the opportunity and thanks for giving the strength to choose a good attitude.

Notable events from the day:
  • Early run
  • New Trick: dive bomb out the front of the stroller on walks! We've been saying for a few weeks that we need to actually start using the seatbelt on the stroller as Hannah has found it it fun to stand up and even climb the sun shade while on a walk. I'm torn because usually she's not this adventurous. What's the deal? In the house she give a pathetic pout when I try to help her walk by only offering one hand, but on walk she'll stand just about straight up in a moving stroller! Go figure. So today she decided to peak over the front bar and twice I had to grab her by the booty and yank her back. So maybe it's time to stop this? At least I have some "daddy saved you life stories...so now you have to listen to my life advice" ammunition for the teenage years. Use it wisely...
  • Made myself a pizza for lunch while feeding Hannah. I even impressed myself, rolling out the dough, dumping some sweet tater on her tray, back to the dough, now back to me. It was scrumpt and I ate half of it then and holstered just shy of finishing the rest for dinner.
  • Got some actual school work in, reading a chapter and doing a 'little' writing...while watching Georgia Tech get hosed by NC State. ESPN3.com - dangerous.
  • She got clingy! We say lots of different folks on our walks today and while visiting friends. Upon first greeting she'd cry till I held her. At first it feels nice to be needed...but after 20 minutes it's like, "girl please, am I leftovers and you're saran wrap"? just made that up
  • Got to watch some football with Charles and Rikki and Charlie who is 6 weeks ahead of Hannah and walking. Even here Hannah was a little klingon. But she did settle in eventually for some pics...
  • John Pylant and Sioarse stopped by as he's home with her for the weekend. She was clingy too...so us two dads sat on the floor while our daughters would exchange glances and then sheepishly burrow into us. It fascinating to witness shame of sorts at such a young age...
  • She stuffed her face at dinner getting some egg yolk, sweet taters, nanners, black beans, mixed veggies and 8 oz of vintage June frozen mommy milk.
  • I cleaned and laundried and watched football...not bad...the house is actually feeling sustainable and I got to rest the ol' brain.
  • Oh ya - we skyped with Denton and Virginia. Hilarious - Hannah was real confused, sitting with a stunned look on her face trying to figure out mommy in 2d. Come home to us mommy! We love you and miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow davidjmccune on Twitter