Saturday, September 25, 2010

An Opportunity: Hannah and Daddy Day 3

Today was one of those days that got filled up by all the little things. We ran in the morning and then I dropped Hannah at "daddy's day out." (Usually that's when I get my brain time - 4 hours to myself! I get this twice a week now, it's wild how I never appreciated my own personal brain time until Hannah. I don't know how single mom's do it...). Anyway I had to take my car to get the trunk latch fixed and then checked in with a friend who has been trying to get a hole of us to raise support for his job. All this driving, waiting for cars, and chatting just eats up a day so by the end of 4 hours I had read ten pages for class.

A fun day with Hannah though. One, she finally pooped! She hadn't laid an egg since momma left...and the one she left was one of those rock hard, clean break, numbers that just plop off into the toilet. Didn't see myself writing that sentence one year ago! Ya. So. After that I felt the need for social interaction and the exchange of complete sentences with peers. This proved beneficial to Hannah's walking of all things...

So Hannah is real cautious. She'll walk all over the house when we hold her hands but as soon as we take one off to try and "wean" her to walking, she sits right down. She's actually digressed in the ability to stand. She somehow learned to stand be learn to sit down. So we'd let go of her hands and she'd have to just sway there until we caught her because she didn't realize that knees could bend! Now that she's figured it out, she just sits down when we let go.

Anyway, I visited neighborhood friends Charles and Rikki and their son Charlie who is 6 weeks older than Hannah and walking. Over their she got walking envy and tried chasing him with me only holding one hand! She's never done this before so I encouraged it. She especially loves his cozy coup...hipe that's not indicative of her running after studs with flashy cars...

so that was fun. Nothing specially to report on food...she continues to play the tease-daddy game with the good food while giving me the beans! And tonight she went down well without the screaming...awesome!

Today's picture comes from daddy's day out. I left the camera with Miss Madeline to document her day. This is a nice artful shot of Hannah with her "magic blankie" courtesy of Mary Gosset.

Ok - g'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow davidjmccune on Twitter