Wednesday, September 22, 2010

An Opportunity: Hannah and Daddy Day 1

So it seemed terrifying at first: 5 days on my own with my 11 month old daughter! Today Virginia left for an Ortho conference in Colorado Springs and will be there Wednesday (today) through Sunday night late. Yikes! I admit I haven't had the best attitude about the prospect of these five days leading up to it. Reasons to complain: I'm solely in charge - Virginia usually wakes her up and also cares for after five till bed time; Virginia usually makes food for her, now that's me; when I go outside to change up the scenery it crazy hot because this is Augusta, GA - a place so far behind the times that it hasn't discovered seasons yet; blah blah blah.

So I realized that this pity party was both getting me down and stressing Virginia out and making her feel guilty. So by God's grace I'd like to take the opportunity to declare this an opportunity! Five days with my daughter alone - there are many out there who would love this chance. It hit home for me when I had lunch with a friend yesterday who lost his daughter to a stillborn birth. Have I become so ungrateful? So God, feel me with an attitude of gratitude. (wow, that flow was not intended!)

Here were today's activities...


11-12 Lunch: black beans, string cheese, green beans (1/3 jar), pears (1/2 jar) formula. Ate it all!

12:30 -2 Nap: woke up a little early so we played.

Snack: chugged 6 oz

2:30 - 4:30 Playtime: stayed in Hannah's room and played with blocks and daddy's phone. Self entertained while daddy read theology!

4:30-5:15 Nap!

5:30-6 Run! she's trying to make a call...
6-6:30 Dinner: hard boiled egg yoke, tofurkey, green beans (1/3 jar), black beans, banana, cheese, 5 oz., mixed veggies.

We also discovered a new game. Originally Hannah started holding out pieces of corn, ostensibly for me to eat! So I swooped in, ate it from her hand, and she laughed. Then she changed it up on me and gave a glimpse of the future perhaps...she held out the corn like before, had it all the way in my mouth, then pulled it back at the last second and ate it herself! Clever girl.

6:30~7 Wind down: check out this multitasker! just like her momma...

So now it's time to get working on those papers. I was blessed to have this day...thanks Hannah!

love,
daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow davidjmccune on Twitter