Thursday, September 23, 2010

An Opportunity: Hannah and Daddy Day 2

Our first full day together without mommy. She did great this morning, and I did great because my alarm was off! so instead of making up at 6, I woke to her "hungry fusses" at 7. I was super confused though because I was waiting for the alarm thinking, "girl, why you cryin' at 5 in the mornin?" Then I saw the time and got her fed...

So we played until our walk which took us to the park:
After swingin' she got her snack and a nap. We got in our run after the nap before eating a scrumpt lunch of peaches, avocado, and sweet tater. I even snuck in a little tofurkey.

After the nap she had a fairly fussy afternoon so we headed to church early for kinship where we resumed our new eating game. She feeds me! But often, at the last second, she'll pull the food out of my mouth and eat it herself. I mean dang. So she's gotten even cleverer - she'll feed me the black beans, but with the peaches and cheese? Nuh uh, she pulls those out of my mouth and horfs em down herself.

Kinship was great - she went down well and transitioned well to the carseat. At home though she wouldn't sleep and stood SCREAMING in the crib. I held her, I changed her, I gave her hot water, I sang! Nothing, only pathetic screams when I put her back. So I committed a cardinal sin of baby books, I gave her the bottle and left the room...she's been quiet for over an hour!

The attitude has been great so if you've been praying for me, thanks so much. I'm getting a lot done for school and even had time to make zucchini bread last night...
I am officially domesticated. And yes, it was delish.

Well, gots to sleep. She'll be dropped of at "daddy's day out" tomorrow so I'll get 4 straight hours of having my brain to myself! Whooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow davidjmccune on Twitter