Thursday, July 22, 2010

Morning Walk in the Park

Hannah and I enjoyed a beautiful walk in PK park this morning. Typically we stroll the neighborhood but I thought we'd take a different root today for no particular reason. Highlights include:

Hannah's first slide! That's right, we played on the playground. I carried her to the top of the slide and down we went. She loved it, smiling big, so we did it again!

The Hydrangea garden. PK park has many incredible volunteers who keep the park eclectically beautiful. One of the plethora of groups is the hydrangea club. This beautiful section features dozens of plants in a shaded area. On this morning Hannah and I had the entire park to ourselves as the sprinkler system came on in the garden. The combination of shade and water created a lush and refreshing ambiance that almost tricked you into thinking that it was 70 when in fact it was 90 in the "cool" of the 8 am morning. Strolling through was nice but so was playing in the sprinklers. I held Hannah above the water streams and let her dip her hand in them. This caused great delight and I soaked up watching her explore while she soaked up water all through her hair and shirt.

These times being home with Hannah are challenging with all the other responsibilities I've taken on. I don't know how single mom's do it! But times like this remind me what we do it for. Thank you LORD for a beautiful day, a beautiful park, and a beautiful daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow davidjmccune on Twitter