Monday, July 26, 2010

Catalyst 9: Louie Giglio

From 8/9/06

How appropriately named is Giglio's ministry Passion? I mean, dang, this guy bleeds it - in a totally humble, get you psyched up at the same time, authentic way! What I take from hearing him is that the Kingdom is moving; why not make yourself available to it? He likens our lives to a sail, and where the wind blows (John 3:8) so we should be taken. He speaks about needing a heart in ministry; that without it we won't make it. How true!? David's heart is so evident in the Psalm's; Jesus' in His prayers; Paul's in his letters. It's interesting, I had actually thought recently how, as much as I love Andy Stanley's preaching, I don't feel like I really get to see his passions. Maybe that's part of the plan at North Point, that being overly passionate keeps the message from being as widely accessible as possible. I gotta tell you though, Giglio's passion is contagious! I feel bottled up almost. LORD, I want to be available but I feel like I'm in a waiting game. Forgive of this because real life is going on now, not just when we get to Atlanta. Thank you for this message - grant us vision and the perseverance to pursue it.

Bonus: There was a new leader profile on a staff member with Dave Ramsey's radio show. The show is run by Christians but it airs primarily, and intentionally, on mainstream radio. When asked how they have gone about getting access to the biggest stations around the nation the staff member was quick to say one word; Excellence. He lamented that for too long, the adjective "Christian" in front of an industry name has been synonymous with "sub-par", "mediocre" and "second-rate." At the Ramsey show they work diligently to produce an excellent product.

I agree with with this and have experienced it with Young Life at their camps. Now, there can be a fine line between being excessive and being excellent and so we must stay humble and centered in prayer and accountability to find it. But God wants our best and indeed we are commended to work at all things as if working for him. This is our full witness, not just our words, but our very lives as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow davidjmccune on Twitter